Honey Almond Granola Recipe
I love granola! I used to buy it all the time to eat with my greek yogurt in the morning for breakfast. And then I started reading the labels. There was always so much sugar and extra preservatives added! So I decided to do some research and find a homemade recipe that was easy and yummy! And this smells so good while it is baking! I also use this granola in my Awesome Oatmeal Cookie recipe (will post that recipe some time soon!)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup liquid honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1. Preheat your oven to 325F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (I use canola oil and water combined in a spray bottle, no more buying aerosol cans!)
2. Mix together the rolled oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the honey, vanilla and almond extract.
4. Mix together dry and wet ingredients and combine until the oats are coated.
5. Spread the mixture out onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 mins (or until golden brown) Make sure to stir it up every 5-6 mins (I set the timer for this so I don't forget!) Granola can burn easily so check it often. (Ovens vary with temp, so you may only need 25 mins or so)
6. Let it cool and store in an airtight container.
*This batch makes approx 4 cups of granola. I use about 1/2 cup on my plain greek yogurt in the morning for breakfast and top it with some craisins! So yummy!*