Monday 20 April 2015

Recipe - Everything cookies

Who doesn't love fresh, warm, straight out-of-the-oven cookies??  I sure do, but I'm always looking for more healthy versions as then I feel ok sending them to school with my girls.  (Plus I feel less guilty if I eat half the batch myself if they aren't loaded with sugar and white flour!)

Here is one of our favorite recipes! It's loaded with goodness and safe to send to school (no peanuts).



Everything Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup ground flax
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup soft unsalted butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions: 

~Preheat oven to 350.

~Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda in large bowl.  Add oats, coconut, dried cranberries, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, ground flax and chocolate chips.  Stir to combine.

~In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together.  Add the eggs and vanilla, then beat until fluffy.  Add in the flour mixture, half at a time and stir until combined. 

~Spoon by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet and press down lightly with a fork.  (Or I've rolled them into balls and pushed down with a fork, just makes the cookies more round then haystack looking)  Either way works great!

~Bake for 10-12 mins or until edges brown. Transfer to a cooling rack.

I store these cookies in a Tupperware container in the fridge to keep them longer (I won't eat them as quick if they aren't on the counter!). Also can be frozen.  Makes 3-4 dozen (depending on the size of your cookie)


Perfect addition to your morning cup of coffee. Or afternoon coffee. Or late night snack!





No comments:

Post a Comment